Buckhorn Furnace was constructed by the Seeley Willard and Company in 1833/1836, and had a capacity of 15 tons per day.1 The hot blast, charcoal furnace was owned by William Naylor McGugin, president of the McGugin Coal and Iron Company and managed by Boudinot Seeley.

From 1840 until 1843, the furnace was operated by John Peters, Sr. and J.O. Willard who had leased Buckhorn from McGugin.1 By 1899, the furnace was reported as being closed with the possibility of being restarted.

[/stag_one_half] [stag_one_half_last] [/stag_one_half_last] [/stag_columns]