Beards Presbyterian Church is located near the Scott and Harrison county line in Davis, Kentucky. It was organized by Reverend John Moreland on September 12, 1828, following several days of preaching by Moreland and William H. Forscythe in the forest along the Straight Fork of Eagle Creek.1 2 Land for a permanent house of worship was donated by Hugh and Easter Beard and in return, the church was named after Hugh. Hugh, along with Francis Adams, constituted the first bench of Elders.
The first building was a log structure, 40-feet by 35-feet, that was built underneath a grove of trees.1 2 Dedicated in May 1830, It was later weather boarded and plastered and fitted with wooden pews and a pulpit. The building was later replaced at an unknown date.