St. John Protestant Church, located in Over-the-Rhine, Cincinnati, Ohio, hosted Cincinnati’s oldest German congregation, dating back to 1814.1 The house of worship, located at the corner of 12th and Elm streets, was constructed in 1867.

The congregation was later known as St. John’s Unitarian Church, and celebrated its 175th anniversary in 1989.1

Sources

  1. “German American Studies.” University of Cincinnati 2003. 23 July 2009 Article.