St. Mary’s Episcopal Church is located at 618 Lillie Avenue in Braddock, Pennsylvania. Designed by Charles M. Bartberger and constructed in 1901,1 St. Mary’s had a capacity for 500 worshippers.2
The church, later used by Triumph the Church and Kingdom of God in Christ, closed in July 2007 due to a leaking roof that enabled mold growth.2 Additionally, thieves stole 14 brass light fixtures, valued at $1,000 each, and three stained glass windows. The congregation applied for $10,000 from the Pittsburgh History & Landmarks Foundation’s Historic Religious Properties Committee to jumpstart repairs to the roof, estimated to cost up to $51,000.
In 2009, disused building was designated a Pittsburgh History and Landmarks Foundation Historic Landmark.