The Medical Center at Scottsville, a former hospital in Scottsville, Kentucky, opened on July 5, 1952 as the Allen County War Memorial Hospital.
The hospital featured 31 beds, 9 of which were private, 11 semi private rooms and 12 bassinets.1 The facility merged with The Medical Center at Bowling Green on May 3, 1993 and was renamed The Medical Center at Scottsville. In June 1993, the county indicated their desire to sell the hospital and an ordinance was passed to sell the complex to Health Endowment Properties, AC Inc. (HEP) The new corporation was tasked with building a new 52-bed replacement facility for $9 million.
HEP acquired the Hillview Manor Nursing Facility and began planning of a new medical complex on a 12-acre lot on Burnley Road donated by Cal Turner, Sr.1 The land was part of the Turner Family Trust dating to 1972. Architectural plans and renderings were unveiled on March 10, 1994. Groundbreaking for the new facility was held on August 9 and a construction contract was let to Wehr Constructors, Inc. of Louisville.
The Medical Center at Scottsville and Cal Turner Extended Care Pavilion was dedicated on February 25, 1996 at a cost of $14 million. The 80,000 square-foot complex included 52 acute-care beds and 105 skilled care beds.1 It was placed into operation on March 4, 1996.[stag_toggle style=”normal” title=”Sources” state=”closed”]
- “History.” The Medical Center at Scottsville. N.p., 2012. Web. 31 Jan. 2014. Article.