[stag_columns][stag_one_half]

The Cincinnati & Muskingum Valley connected the cities of Morrow, Wilmington, Washington Court House, Circleville, Zanesville and Trinway in Ohio.1

The C&MV was incorporated in 1851, and was completed from Morrow to Zanesville by 1856.1 It foreclosed only seven years later, and reorganized into the Cincinnati & Zanesville. In 1870, the Pennsylvania Railroad (PRR) took control over the C&MV, and extended the railroad to Trinway. By 1905, there were five daily passenger trains to and from Zanesville.

In 1911, the C&MV consolidated into the Cleveland, Akron & Cincinnati Railroad (CA&C). In 1924, the Zanesville Division was absorbed by the PRR Cincinnati Division, which consolidated into the Pittsburgh, Ohio & Detroit Railroad one year later.1 In 1928, the Morrow to Twinway line was ceded to the Panhandle Division.

By 1968, the line had become the Morrow Branch, Zanesville Branch, and Twinway Branch of the Pennsylvania Central Columbus Division.1

The line west of Wilmington was dismantled in 1976 when the connecting line, the Little Miami, part of the Pennsylvania’s Cincinnati & Xenia Branch, Cincinnati Division, was abandoned.

Digest
Sources
[/stag_one_half] [stag_one_half_last]

Morrow to Wilmington

Wilmington to Washington Court House

Washington Court House to Circleville

[/stag_one_half_last] [/stag_columns]