The New River Bridge and Tunnel 15 to the south was constructed in 1879 and was completed the Cincinnati Southern. This alignment was bypassed during phase four of the Cincinnati Southern modernization project that began in 1961. On July 10, 1963 at 12:05 A.M., the new New River bridge was opened to traffic. While the trackage and approach to the New River crossing was removed, the center span was not.

[nggallery id=211]