The YMCA for the Pittsburgh, Fort Wayne & Chicago Railway (PFW&C) in east Canton, Ohio provided overnight lodging, baths, meeting space and other accommodations for railroad workers. The PFW&C was operated by the Pennsylvania Railroad Eastern Division.1

In September 1918, the Pennsylvania Railroad, under its western lines division, awarded a contract to the Walbridge-Aldinger Company of Detroit, Michigan to construct an engine house, engine terminal facilities and support structures, including a YMCA, in east Canton.1 The YMCA was completed in 1920.2 After the YMCA’s closure, the building was used as part of a junk yard, which was vacated circa 2012.

Sources