The historic Wheeler-Knight House is located along the National Pike in Centerville, Pennsylvania.
On March 29, 1839, Jonathan Knight purchased 173 acres in what is now Centerville Borough in Fayette County. Knight served in both houses of the state legislature and was a member of the United States Congress. He was also a surveyor in this section of the county and a civil engineer. In fact, Knight served as a Commissioner on the National Pike in the 1820’s – and laid out two towns: Beallsville and Scenery Hill. Knightstown, Indiana was named in his honor.
He married in 1809 to Ann Heston of the Westland Quaker Church. His grandson, John Henry Knight, served as a member of the Centerville Borough Council in 1896.
The house was later owned by Oliver Taylor, William Pepper and S. Coletti.