The William Tarr House, located near Millersburg, Kentucky, was the homestead of A.J. Hitt and William Tarr.
Hitt, an operator of a flour and grist mill in Millersburg from 1865 to 1866,1 constructed a Federal style residence south of town. The house was elaborate and featured fine Flemish-bond brickwork and extensive wood paneling. At a point prior to 1877, Tarr, a farmer and distiller, purchased the residence and renovated the building with Italianate styling. Tarr was an astute businessman, partner of Hibler and George C. White in the Chicken Cock Distillery in East Paris in the 1860’s and by 1877, a proprietor of the Ashland Distilling Company in Lexington.
The house was used up until 1985.1