The Green Township Public School is located in Williamsburg, Indiana. The school initially served kindergarten through 12 students, although it later served students from nearby Webster.
A gymnasium was constructed from 1952 to 19531 and within two years, the newly formed Yellow Jackets had an undefeated season with fans packing the bleachers to capacity.
In 1967, the school began serving only grades 1 through 6 when the kindergarten and high schools were moved to a consolidated location in Fountain City. During its last two years of operation, the building served as an elementary facility for Williamsburg, Webster, Whitewater and Fountain City in double shifts. Williamsburg and Webster students attended in the morning hours while Fountain City and Whitewater students attended in the evening. A new elementary school opened in 1983 and the Green Township Public School building was closed.
Post-closure, the school building was reused as the Williamsburg Area Community Center.
On August 1, 2002, the Cincinnati Floor Company restored the gymnasium floor by sanding the finish from the floor down to the bare wood, and reapplying a new topcoat.1 It was the first time that the floor had been restored since 1959 when it was completed by basketball coach Max Moore and janitor Gene Riley. The gymnasium was reopened on September 16 to community use.