Linwood Public School is located in the Linwood neighborhood of Cincinnati, Ohio. Constructed in 1929, Linwood was designed in the Romanesque Revival architectural style by Fecheimer & Ilhorst.

Linwood Public School later became known as the Linwood Fundamental Academy and closed in June 2005 after a new East End school was completed.3 It was briefly used as a refugee shelter for those left homeless by Hurricane Katrina.2 One-hundred cots were set up and air conditioners and portable showers were installed. The building was sold at auction on November 8, 2012 for $75,000.1

Sources