Plans to establish a high school in Waterloo, Ohio, a farming community located in northern Lawrence County, began in 1916 and became a reality in the following year, using the second floor of a local store.1 The school relocated to the former Waterloo Methodist Church building until 1930.
Plans for a permanent school structure began in 1928, and a bond issue was passed in 1929 and the new high school was opened in 1930. The Waterloo High School closed in 1961 upon completion of the Symmes Valely School.1
- Name: Waterloo School
- Location: Waterloo, Ohio
- Years of Significance: 1930
- Status: Demolished
- Jones, Archie. “Waterloo.” History of Lawrence County, Ohio. N.p.: Walsworth, 1990. 11.