The Warwick State Training School for Boys, in upstate New York, opened in 1914 as the New York City Farm, a rehabilitation center for alcohol and drug dependent men. It then became the State Training School for Boys in 1933, focused on the rehabilitation of young men, and then as the Mid-Orange Correctional Facility in 1977. It closed in 2011.
How ironic that an institution, originally conceived as a forced alcohol and drug treatment center, a youth rehabilitation complex, and a prison, will now be host to a brewery and medical marijuana farm?
Read on with Abandoned’s newest article, the Warwick State Training School for Boys.