The Manley House is an abandoned Italianate style residence in Richfield Springs, New York. It was constructed circa 1850 by Dr Hoarce Manley, a physician, graduate of Fairfield Medical College, 1 and surgeon-major in the War of 1812. 2
In 1820, Manley acquired the site of the Great White Sulphur Spring on the eastern end of Richfield Springs 2 and built a bathhouse at the site and brought 25 patients there to take part in his water cure.
Richfield Springs developed as a popular resort community, supported by numerous inns and bathhouses concentrated along West Main Street. 2 The increased wealth and sophistication of the resorts after the American Civil War gave rise to the emergence of East Main Street as a fashionable residential street, which is where Manley constructed his modest two-story house. It featured red stained glass windows and a mahogany staircase. 1 Over time, an adjoining house and a rear addition was joined together and served as an inn and bathhouse.
Manley sold the house to M. Tuller in 1870, to Roff in 1893, to Elliott in 1944, to Roy in 1972, and then to Andrew Rudenko. 1 The residence was abandoned circa 1994.