Cleveland United Methodist Memorial Church served rural Webster County, West Virginia for one hundred years.
The original Cleveland United Methodist Church building was constructed in 1892 2 and rebuilt in 1925 by Jack Hoover of Cowen and Charley Henderson of Upper Glade. 1 2 Because of declining membership and dwindling finances, the church was closed for regular worship and made into a memorial church, serving the community for funerals, special events, and for an annual homecoming held each August. 1
- “West Virginia Mountain Parkway.” Northern Webster County Improvement Council.
- Roadside marker.