St. Philomena School is an abandoned Catholic school in East Cleveland, Ohio.
The St. Philomena parish was founded in East Cleveland in 1902.
On September 7, 2008, the Cleveland Catholic Diocese announced that it would begin implementing a downsizing plan that would close more than 45 churches in the region. 1 St. Philomena in East Cleveland and St. Louis and Christ the King in Cleveland Heights would merge with St. Ann in Cleveland Heights to form the Communion of Saints Parish. 2 St. Philomena would remain open for worship and outreach although its grade school would close by 2010.
- Briggs, David. “Three more Catholic churches in Cleveland oppose plans to close or merge.” Plain-Dealer [Cleveland], 12 Sept. 2008.
- “School.” Communion of Saints, 2014.