Fairview School is located in Cincinnati, Ohio and was constructed from 1888 to 1890 in the Romanesque Revival architectural style. A three-story addition, designed by local architect Edward J. Schulte, was built in 1957-58. The addition was meant to be expanded once the original structure was razed, but declining enrollment led to those plans never coming to light.
In 1982, Fairview became the Fairview German Bilingual School, which changed to the Fairview German Language School in 1994. It was the second magnet school for the city.
A 1976 report by the Cincinnati school board noted that Fairview should be abandoned or replaced due to unsatisfactory design or structural deterioration. Another proposal from 1999 called for Fairview to be replaced with a new kindergarten-through-8th grade German language magnet school. Fairview eventually closed in June 2008 as part of the Cincinnati Public School’s $1 billion, ten-year construction project to rehabilitate or rebuild nearly every facility within the city.
The complex was auctioned in July 2009 with Five Korners winning with a bid of $430,000. Five Korners was comprised of Mohammed and Rasheed Shamma who converted the 1888 building into luxury residences. In October 2010, both former Fairview school buildings were listed on the National Register of Historic Places.