Butlerville High School
The Butlerville High School, in Butlerville, Indiana, was constructed c. 1904 and expanded in c. 1922.
The McMillian School was constructed circa 1910 to serve students in McMillian, Michigan. In 1975, Charles Maclean founded the Tahquamenon Artesian Well Water Company in the former school. The company filtered water from an aquifer near the headwaters of the Tahquamenon River in the Hiawatha National Forest, which contained only 149 parts per million of total dissolved solids, making it one of the purest waters in the United States. After the business failed, Maclean leased the property and bottling equipment to Jim Anderson in 1992.
Cadmus High School
The Cadmus High School was built c. 1928 in Cadmus, Ohio.
Crooksville High School
The Crooksville High School is located in Crooksville, Ohio, and was constructed in 1904 as the city’s high school. It was heavily modified and expanded in the 1930s, with all of its original ornamentation removed, and renamed the East School. It closed in 1981.
Georgetown, Ohio had three schools near the city center. The complex along Green Street was built in 1921 and expanded in 1931.
Green Township School
The Green Township School No. 2 in Franklin Furnace, Ohio was constructed in 1949-50. It was closed on April 22, 2009, and recently demolished.
John Simpson Junior High School
The John Simpson Junior High School is a former circa 1939 high school in Mansfield, Ohio. The building later became home to the middle school before closing in 2007.
Middleport High School
The Sayre School, located in Sayre, Ohio, was constructed in 1908.
The now-demolished University School was constructed in 1905 in Walnut Hills, Cincinnati, Ohio.
Valley Rural School
The now-demolished Valley Rural School in Lucasville, Ohio was built in 1928 and operated until 1993.
- Hatcher, Thomas C. “Schools.” The Heritage of McDowell County, West Virginia, McDowell County Historical Society, War, WV, 1995, pp. 284-285.