Beards Presbyterian Church is an abandoned Presbyterian church in Scott County, Kentucky.
The church was organized by Reverend John Moreland on September 12, 1828, following several days of preaching by Moreland and William H. Forscythe in the forest along the Straight Fork of Eagle Creek. 1 2
Land for a permanent house of worship was donated by Hugh and Easter Beard and in return, the church was named after Hugh. Hugh, along with Francis Adams, constituted the first bench of Elders.
The first building, built under a grove of trees, was a log structure, 40-feet by 35-feet. 1 2 It was dedicated in May 1830. The building was later replaced at an unknown date.
- Thiessen, Jo. “Beard Presbyterian Church – Scott Co., KY.” USGenWeb. N.p., 8 Apr. 1997. Web. 12 Aug. 2014. Article.
- Bevins, Ann Bolton, and J. Robert Snyder. “Beard’s Presbyterian Church.” Scott County Church Histories: A Collection. Georgetown: Scott County Bicentennial Committee, 1979. 60. Print.