The building was constructed as a high school in 1908 and began serving elementary students in 1927. 1 A small addition was added in 1957 that included two classrooms, two indoor restrooms, and a combination gymnasium and auditorium. Caesar Creek closed in 1967 and was sold to George Gragsby, a local farmer. 2 A minister attempted to convert the school into a private residence in 1969 but was unsuccessful in his attempts due to the local zoning code.
- Gragsby, George. Personal interview. 29 Oct. 2011.