Duncan Hall is a burned, abandoned residence once owned by Major Green Duncan south of Bloomfield, Kentucky.
Constructed in the mid-1850’s 3 by Billy Riggs, Billy Goodin and Batcheldor, Major Green Duncan owned the Federal style house. 1 Duncan served in the state legislature and as sheriff for Nelson County. He was also a depot agent at Bloomfield for the Louisville & Nashville Railroad’s Bloomfield Branch. 2
Duncan Hall was constructed with walls four bricks thick that were manufactured on site and from lumber that was cleared when the farm was developed. The house contained eight rooms measuring 20-foot-square with 13-foot ceilings, two large hallways and a kitchen in a rear ell. 1 Slave quarters were located across the road.
Duncan Hall was abandoned in the early 1990’s. A lightning strike on August 2, 2009, sparked a fire that engulfed the entire residence in flames. 3