Maennerchor Hall is an abandoned German social club near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. (Maennerchor is a German word for “male choir.”)
On Jun 4, 1892, Peter Huber, William Rennekamp, Peter Knierim, John M. Christian and John J. Zimmerman chartered the Maennerchor 1 to serve as a venue for music and dance. 1 3 A three-story building was constructed, with a bar on the first floor and an auditorium with seating on the second and third floors. The venue later hosted wrestling events. 2
- “Notice of Application for Incorporation.” Pittsburgh Press, 18 Jun. 1892. p. 8.
- “Plante Defeats Creedon.” Pittsburgh Daily Post, 30 Mar. 1897. p. 7.
- “German Society News.” Pittsburgh Press, 28 May 1916. p.