Laying waste along in northern Ohio is Upper Canada, an automobile and passenger ferry. Christened and launched in May 1949 as the Romeo & Annette, she entered service under the command of Captain Romeo Allard, who operated a ferry across the Bay of Chaleur between Bathurst, New Brunswick, and Gaspe Peninsula, Quebec. In 1966, the ferry, now named Upper Canada, was used as a second ferry between Kingston and Wolfe Island. In 1976, Upper Canada served as a backup for the Pelee Islander and was then sent to LaSalle where it was leased to the Beausoleil First Nation for service on Christian Island on Georgian Bay between 1996 and 2000.
Upper Canada was then moved to Lorain, Ohio. Her registration expired in 2008, and the boat has been abandoned ever since.